Sunday, April 10, 2011

Puzzle

I love the idea that I found on Big Huge Labs of making a puzzle with my realia photos from the target countries that I have visited. I tried a sample but you have to pay for the actual puzzle, so I can't post it on here. However, I think that it could be really fun in the high school classroom where students work at variable paces. I always had certain students that would complete their work before others and I never felt giving them additional work was the best choice. So, I had a bunch of educational games that I offered to them so that they could go to the back of the classroom and "play" while the other students would complete their tasks. This type of task would work great for this kind of aim or if you plan to do stations/centers with students, it can be wonderful. Not only can you have students put the puzzle together, but they can also answer questions about them in the target language later or start an internet search on the image. Some examples are a picture of the Sagrada Familia and then students could research it. Or the puzzle could be an open air market with fruits and veggies and the students would have to answer questions about what's available and prices, for example.


Chocolate, Mercado de la Boquería, Barcelona (Spain), HDR by marcp_dmoz
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License


Venezia by [dorli]
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Those ideas sound very motivational.